What’s it Like in Malibu, California?
Malibu is located in Southern California, towards the northern end of the Santa Monica bay. Geographically, Malibu is a rare and precious blend of subtropical beachfronts and inland mountain ranges. As the locals will tell you, this is also where surfers, celebs, and the wealthy elite all reside in gorgeous homes, dine in gourmet restaurants, and shop at exclusive boutiques. Thus, this laid-back and secluded slice of California is the perfect place to gently ease into your own personal recovery.
Although Malibu, California is only 30 miles west of downtown Los Angeles, many sections of Malibu more closely resemble a quiet resort area as opposed to anything you’d find in the LA Metropolitan district. The small population lends a warm and welcoming atmosphere that is only accentuated by the beautiful year-round weather, which is sunny almost every day. Your days will begin watching the sun rise over the Santa Monica Mountains and end with beautiful sunsets over the Pacific Ocean.
What is There to do in Malibu, California?
Staying in Malibu, California gives you access to these amazing locales:
- Malibu Pier – This historic pier is a part of the California State Park, and it’s where you can observe surfers, dolphins, and sometimes even movie stars.
- Malibu Farms – If you’re on the Malibu Pier, you simply have to take a moment and grab and organic meal at this high-brow café.
- Point Dume – This large nature preserve extends across giant sand dunes and includes a boardwalk that takes you to a gorgeous viewing platform.
- Getty Villa – This is where you’ll find 7,000 years of artwork from the Roman Empire (and earlier time periods).
- Surf Museum – Surfboard enthusiasts have to check out these surfing exhibits at the Pepperdine University. You’ll find antique surfboards from the 1980s all the way to the 1910s.
- Malibu Country Mart – Located in the Malibu Civic Center is one of the best destinations for exclusive shops and fine dining. Sculptures, gardens, and a mountainside backdrop adorns this memorable cultural hub.
- Malibu Lumber Yard – Next to the Country Mart you’ll find this delightful assort of shopping locales, with exclusive designer stores such as Burgerfi, James Perse, and Maxfield.
- Malibu Seafood – Across from the Dan Blocker Beach you’ll find this one-of-a-kind eatery. We recommend the ahi burger!
And then, of course, there’s the beaches:
- Amarillo Beach – Amazing scenery that can only be observed during low tide.
- Zuma Beach – Be sure to look for the dolphins during high tide.
- Leo Carillo Beach – This beach preserve extends 1.5 miles across the base of the Santa Monica Mountains.
Are You Ready to Recover in Malibu, California?
Malibu, California has so many shops, beaches and restaurants to experience, along with a small population of friendly locals and visitors who are looking to meet new people all of the time. Just think about how great it will feel to celebrate your sobriety in one of the most beautiful places in all of the West Coast, and then give us a call today.